Windows don’t last forever but high-quality, well-maintained windows can last for up to 20 years or more. If the windows in your home are more than a few decades old you might notice signs that they need to be replaced.
Signs You Need New Windows
1. Windows are damaged, warped or broken. Windows can be repaired if the problem is minor like new hardware or weather-stripping. If the window is warped or damaged it’s almost always best to have it replaced. Even operable windows can develop problems. Do you feel a draft? Are they hard to open or close? Do they fog up? These might be signs you need to replace them.
2. Increased energy bills. In the winter, our windows can provide heat when they let the sunlight in, but drafty windows can increase your energy bills in the winter. Replacing your windows with ones that are energy-efficient can lower your energy bills and are also a great selling point if you’re planning on selling your home in the near future.
3. A new look for your home. The windows on your home stand out and if they look old and worn, your home will too. If the windows are starting to deteriorate it will take away from the curb appeal of your home. You can also change the type of window too. Consider changing from a fixed sash to a window that opens. This will allow you to create airflow in the home or you can consider having larger windows installed to increase natural light in your residence.
4. Renovating an older home. Having the wrong windows on an older home can both change the overall look and can interfere with the integrity of the home. It’s good to use a company that can take care of custom requests to choose the right windows.
5. Has a storm or natural disaster damaged your windows? If you live in coastal regions, the sea salt, humidity and coastal winds can affect your windows. Consider having windows installed that resist corrosion and stay stable with fluctuating temperatures. Even areas outside coastal regions can have windows installed that are low maintenance. You can have windows made with fiberglass. These windows are resistant to cracking, chipping, denting and peeling.
Window Installation Services in Canton, Taylor, Garden City, Farmington Hills, Ypsilanti, Westland & Wayne County, Michigan
New windows can make your home a quieter place to live by sealing out the sounds of traffic, nature and noisy neighbors because they’re designed better than old windows. Newer, energy efficient windows can make a big difference in the comfort of your home and your energy bills. Are your current windows taking up too much of your time? Older windows can have replacement parts that are hard to find or non-existent and cleaning can get to be a major hassle. Wood windows look great but are a lot of work. The wood can rot and you’ll need to repaint them which requires scraping, sanding and painting. Vinyl windows are both cost effective and low maintenance. With today’s energy-efficient windows and modern designs there are a lot of options. Replacing windows can have lots of cost-saving, aesthetic and functional advantages. Dan’s Enterprises offers window installation along with the training and expertise needed to ensure the job is done right. Contact us today!