Whether you are building a new home, or want to replace the windows in your old home because the old windows aren’t a good fit anymore, there are several things to consider. This is a large investment, and you want to make sure you are making the right window choices. Dan’s Enterprises is here to share some tips to help you in making the right decision when you are purchasing new windows.
Choose Quality Replacement Windows
It may be tempting to cut some costs and choose a lower quality window. That is a big mistake commonly made when choosing windows. These windows will greatly affect the quality of your home. You want your home to be energy efficient, and you don’t want to find yourself in the market for new windows again any time soon. You want to know what kind of integrity the window will have when faced with extreme weather. The thermal performance of the windows you buy will make a big difference in energy efficiency.
Latest Modern Window Design
Depending on the windows you choose, they will add unique design to your home. Every company has different design options and you want to find the right company that sells the design that fits your house the best. Some of the design options you will find include:
• Slider Windows– Slide from side to side to open, and offer a streamlined, contemporary look to your home.
• Double Hung Windows– Open by tilting the bottom portion back, this makes them easy to clean.
• Casement Windows– These windows are opened by turning a crank. They offer a great deal of ventilation.
• Garden Windows– These windows open outward. They are a great option if you want planter boxes beneath your window.
• Picture Windows– These windows do not open at all. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are an energy efficient choice.
• Bay Windows– Contain at least three windows that are all angled to make a bow shape.
• Awning Windows– If you are looking for airflow, awning windows open with a hinge at the top that allows them to open outward.
Best Energy Efficient Windows
No matter where you live, you will most likely experience extreme weather, be it cold or hot. You are going to need to count on your windows to keep warm air in or cool air in during different times of the year. Vinyl windows are the best energy efficient option, but there are also other options to make windows more energy efficient like low-e coatings, argon gas fills, and energy star certified windows. They will give you that extra layer that you need to keep you covered during the extreme temperatures you have whether they are hot or cold.
Residential & Commercial Glass & Mirror Services in Canton, Taylor, Garden City, Farmington Hills, Ypsilanti & Wayne County, Michigan
Buying new windows is a big deal. You want the right company working with you to find the right design and fit it all within your budget. Once you’ve chosen the windows you want, it’s a good idea to have a reliable glass company at the ready. If the glass in your windows get damaged, Dan’s Enterprises can repair or replace the glass to what you had previously or an even better option. Call us today at (734) 595-3232 for all your glass and mirror needs!