Shower Stall Installation, Upgrading & Remodeling
If you are lucky enough to be designing your own custom home, you have the luxury of choosing what features, appliances and fixtures to include right off the bat. More likely however is that you are working with an existing home and embarking on a renovation project to improve the functionality and appearance; and also increase the home’s value. If it is time to replace fixtures or remodel your bathroom, there are many aspects to consider. You may want the walls repainted, the floors redone, maybe the bathtub replaced on converted to a shower, or maybe just update your shower a new look and feel. The top trending designs in America for showers is the European style shower or Euro style showers. Dan’s Enterprises wants to talk about this style of shower and share some tips on how to care for it, making a Euro shower a worthwhile investment for years to come.
Euro Style Glass Shower Doors
A Euro style door is a frameless glass enclosure and door around your shower. This is becoming the top re-modelers choice. Removing the clunky metal frames opens up our shower and brings the feeling of more space and cleanliness to your bathroom. The Euro Shower is made with tempered glass and uses caulking glue much like a fish tank. Some may think it’s too open and doesn’t give any privacy. The glass can come in different designs and glass types. Each glass company carries various kinds of glass from clear, frosted, colored glass to glass with textures. They all add privacy and a little extra flair to your bathroom. Euro style shower glass is cut to fit your own shower. The glass is measured and cut to fit any bathroom so the homeowner has the luxury of remodeling the shower anyway they want without the restraints that your local hardware store may have in-stock.
How to Clean & Care for Frameless Glass Shower Doors
Now that you have a new Euro style shower installed by Dan’s Enterprises and we have done an immaculate job on the clean up, you can see how it brings a new kind of beauty to your bathroom. So how do you keep it that way? Nothing makes a bathroom look cleaner then to have a spotless glass shower. When the hard water stains and mildew builds up, it don’t matter how clean the rest of the bathroom is, the shower becomes an eye sore. Dan’s Enterprises has some basic easy “to do” tips that will help keep your new Euro shower stay clean and beautiful.
1. Squeegee the water residue away after every use. This can become taxing especially when you’re in a hurry, but doing this will help prevent hard water build up.
2. If your shower has been somewhat neglected and soap scum has started to build up, use a Magic Eraser. This works great and makes your deep cleaning much easier.
3. This works surprisingly well. When doing your regular cleaning, use a dyer sheet. Yes, the one you put into the dyer when you do laundry. Dampen the dryer sheet and use this to scrub the glass. The ingredients that soften fabrics are used to soften soap scum.
4. Bar Keepers Friend is a common cleaner used in the kitchen, but also works great in the bathroom and on glass.
5. Finally, white vinegar is one of those all-around cleaners for the home. When you use vinegar to clean your glass, it will remove bacteria, soap scum, hard water stains, and mold. Make sure the glass is wet with water, then use a spray bottle to spray with the vinegar and wipe it away with a cloth.
European Style Frameless Glass Shower Doors & Enclosures Installations, Repair & Replacement in Canton, Taylor, Garden City, Farmington Hills, Ypsilanti & Wayne County, Michigan
A European shower will increase the value of your home and bring that beautiful modern look to your bathroom. Contact Dan’s Enterprises and see what options are available to transform the look of your bathroom and shower!