We spend more time in our bathrooms than we might think. From getting dressed to brushing our teeth, taking a shower or bath and doing our makeup. Since we spend so much time in our bathrooms we deserve it to be luxurious. Shower doors of old were less expensive and made of thin glass ranging from 1/8” to 3/16”. These older doors needed metal frames around the edges to hold the glass together and therefore have no exposed edges of glass. These metal frames were needed to maintain their structural integrity but these doors quickly gather water and soap scum around the metal crevices that leads to mildew and corrosion.
Alternatives to Framed Glass Shower Doors
Frameless glass shower doors are seamless, tempered glass enclosures that can be a single door or custom made and are installed with exceptional structural integrity. They can be used for stand-alone showers and as frameless bathtub screens. There are options for the glass you choose too: clear glass, rain glass, frosted glass, bronze glass, grey glass or Low-Iron glass. Low-Iron glass can get rid of any greenish hue that will allow for a crystal-clear visual in the bathroom.
Pros of Frameless Glass Shower Doors
1. Cleaner. Your shower will be the focal point of the bathroom with clean thick panels of frameless glass.
2. Easy to maintain & hygienic. There aren’t any crevices so the panels are easier to clean.
3. Modern. This new trend is much nicer than a rattling old framed door.
4. Durable superior craftsmanship. These doors are made of thick tempered glass that is stronger and less likely to break.
5. Glass protectant. Adding Clear Shield will make your glass shower “hydro-phobic” because this treatment is bonded to the glass and will cause the water to bead on the surface.
6. Recyclable. Glass is recyclable whereas shower curtains made of vinyl are not and are dumped in the garbage where they won’t decompose.
7. Completely customizable. You get to choose how you want it to look from size, height, width, glass type the color of the hardware.
8. Brighter, sleeker look. Light isn’t blocked with frameless glass shower doors making them great for small spaces.
High Return on Bathroom Remodel Home Improvements
The initial cost of frameless glass doors will be a little more but in the long run, they will cost less because frameless glass doors are more durable than showers that are framed and are also easier to clean. This will keep their like-new condition for longer and their value will last for years. A remodeled bathroom with upgrades bring the biggest return on your investment when you go to sell your home. The cost of a remodel is marginal compared to the benefits which explains the recent increase in frameless glass doors being part of bathroom renovations.
Frameless Glass Shower Door Installation in Canton, Taylor, Garden City, Farmington Hills, Ypsilanti & Wayne County, Michigan
Do you have an outdated bathroom? It doesn’t take a lot to turn your bathroom into a space you’ll want to spend more time. Contact Dan’s Enterprises to advise you on all your options when it comes to upgrading your bathroom. They have experience in the installation of frameless glass shower doors. Give us a call today!